You probably keep your website up-to-date with the latest security patches to keep the bad guys out – but – if your password is your name followed by “123”, they’re getting in!
Here are some tips for building a better password:
- Please don’t just add a few numbers to your own name.
- Don’t use “123456”, “admin” or “qwerty”.
- Don’t use your user name (or your dog’s name).
- Don’t use your street address.
- Don’t use the same password of more than one account.
- Use at least one number, one upper case letter and one symbol.
- Change your password regularly.
For more tips on stronger passwords here’s a great article from iThemes (Kristen Wright) How’s Your WordPress Password Strength?.