What do you do after installing WordPress? This is a common question asked by beginners. In this article, we will show you the top 10 most important things you must do after installing WordPress.
1. Change The Title, Tagline, Time zone, and Favicon
2. Change Your Permalink Structure
3. Configure the Reading Settings
4. Delete Unused Themes
5. Install a Cache Plugin**
6. Improving WordPress Security
7. Install an Anti-Spam Plugin
8. Install A SEO WordPress Plugin
9. Optimize For Social Media Sharing via Sharing Plugins
10. Start Scheduling Regular Backups
I have a few of my own tips too…
1. Don’t activate / install caching until the site is up and running.**
2. Set your default category to something better than “uncategorized”.
3. Decide early if you will allow comments on posts (settings_discussion), so you don’t have to change the setting for each post.
Did we miss any? Pls comment below.