My take on some points made in the article “These Website Mistakes Are Costing You Money” from entrepreneur.com.
- Poor SEO – “I can’t find your website on Google.”
- No mobile – “I can’t see your website on my phone.”
- No social media links – “I can’t share your website with my friends.”
- No website manager – “Your website is a security risk, it also looks outdated or unattended.”
- No metrics / analytics – “Without analytics you won’t know what’s working and what’s not working.”
I think fixing the SEO issue should be #1 on your list, if no one can find you, none of the rest matters.
Mobile is #2, more than ever people are looking for you with their mobile device and your website must support that.
You don’t need a big budget to fix these mistakes, most can be fixed quickly and inexpensively with a good freelance website manager. – Mike